If you’re looking for a Long Beach traffic school, that can only mean one of two things. Either you recently got a traffic ticket and need to get it dismissed, or you have too many points on your California driving record from receiving multiple tickets. Either way, that sucks. Not just the tickets, but traffic school sucks.
Now, unless you enjoy spending hours of your life learning about traffic regulations and completing tests/quizzes, you’ll want to get this done quickly, easily, and for as little money as possible. So, how can you do that?
Top-Rated Online Traffic Schools
Classroom Traffic School VS. Online Traffic School In Long Beach
In Long Beach, California you have two options. You can either take a traditional classroom-based course or you can complete your traffic school online. Let me be blunt, here. If you choose to take your Long Beach traffic school in a classroom, you have a mental illness that really needs to be taken care of. There is absolutely no advantage to taking your traffic school course in a classroom unless you have no computer, smartphone, tablet, or anything else with a basic web browser. Even then, go borrow a friend’s computer or go to the Library and use theirs. This isn’t going to take that long if you do it online.
When you take your Long Beach traffic school online, you can get it done in about 1/6th the time it will take you in a classroom-based course. Plus, you don’t have to complete it all at once. You can just log in and log out as often as you want (assuming you sign up for a legit online traffic school, which I’ll get into below).
But here’s the kicker. Online traffic schools in California, including in Long Beach, are NOT timed! They used to be, but a few years ago the California court system got rid of this requirement statewide. Classroom-based courses, on the other hand, are the full 6 hours long with an hour break, so you’re wasting 7 hours of your day (not including the commute time).
Do you see now why you’d be crazy to take traffic school in a classroom? Seriously, the price is pretty much the same (cheap either way) but all of the advantages are taking the course online.
What To Look For in an Online Traffic School?
Several factors contribute to being considered as a reliable online traffic school provider. Here are some of the things that you can quickly notice before signing up:
Court or State Approval – Well, you won’t get credit if the course is not approved by either your course or the state. So make sure to verify this at the very onset of your course hunting.
Check for Course Timers – I mentioned this already – California no longer requires course timers on online traffic school. This applies to Long Beach, so always check if course timers exist in the course you are signing up for. It’s okay if you don’t mind being limited to a number of hours per day, but if you are in a hurry to finish the course, its existence will be a hindrance.
Check the Price – Of course, you’d like to purchase a course that you can afford. But don’t fall victim to the cheap price offers, make sure to check the features that come along with the low cost. You don’t want to pay up for something you’re not going to be satisfied with, you might end up retaining the course and paying for more if you do.
Review the Curriculum – It’s also important to have a glance at the course itself. If the school offers a free trial or has an available course demo, go check them out first. You’d like to know as much as you can about what you are signing up for to make sure that you’ll get the best value for your money.
Check their Certifications and Ratings – Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings and other certifications are always a good indication of the school’s relationship with its customers, and if professionals approve of their products and services.
Review Customer Feedback and Satisfaction Ratings – Get an honest and unbiased first-hand account of previous students’ experience with the course – that’s where you should base your expectations about the school you are signing up with. Customer insights are always a good source of that.
Check their Customer Support’s Availability – Having support when you need it, any time of the day, especially when it comes to technical concerns, is very valuable. Never underestimate this.
Which Long Beach Certified Online Traffic School Is Best?
So get this… There are nearly 700 online traffic schools approved in Long Beach! A bit excessive, no? To make things even worse, the vast majority of these “certified” online traffic schools suck. I’m pretty sure some of them are run from some guys basement and the number of these online traffic schools owned by people from foreign countries is just nuts.
Online traffic school is relatively cheap no matter who you go with, so don’t pick the wrong course. The Long Beach traffic courts normally give you a long list of online traffic schools you can choose from, but, they are not legally allowed to give recommendations or tell you which schools are any good. So, how do you know who to pick? Fortunately, I’ve done your homework for you.
The Top Long Beach Online Traffic School Reviews
Below is a list of different online traffic schools you can take in Long Beach.
The Long Beach traffic court system allows you to use ANY online traffic school certified in the state of California, but after going through some of the courses personally, I’ve determined these are the best ones:
- iDriveSafely – While I gave several more choices below, I’m telling you with absolute certainty that this is the best online traffic school you can take in Long Beach. This is a California-based company based out of Escondido and I’ve actually been to their office personally. They have a full customer support staff and have had well over 5,000,000 people take their course but have still maintained an A+ BBB rating. It’s the fastest course available and it is also super easy. There’s really no reason to not sign up with them.
- Improv Traffic School – If for whatever reason you don’t like the above traffic school, this would be another option for you. This online traffic school is owned and operated by the nationwide Improv Comedy Club chain. Back in the day, they offered classroom-based traffic schools and used their comedians to run the courses. The #1 complaint about traffic school is how boring it is and this online traffic school overcame that. Be warned, it’s your typical low-budget type comedy, but it does help to ease the pain a bit.
- DriversEd.com – If for some weird reason you find my first two recommendations to be unacceptable, here’s another choice for you. While this has more of a “drivers ed” type of feel to it, they are the oldest driving school on the web. It was recently updated with some 3D graphics and newer videos, plus they have all the good stuff like 24/7/365 customer support, etc.
- GoToTrafficSchool – If you’re hoping to find the most affordable course there is, check on the course provided by GoToTrafficSchool. They are known to be the cheapest. But don’t think this online traffic school is not at par with the others. Their visuals may be a little outdated, but they have the most up-to-date traffic school content.
- Aceable – Despite being new, this online traffic school was able to capture the interest of the more technologically adept drivers out there, not only here in Long Beach, but across California. Their highly modern web design provides a seamless user experience that’s hard not to give out excellent ratings, just check their customer reviews. With their unique app, you’ll be able to watch their interactive videos, animations, and 3D driving simulations conveniently using any mobile device, wherever you are.
- Traffic School 101 – Meanwhile, Traffic School 101 is mostly text-based, so it’s recommended for drivers who prefer reading. Since all you have to do is scroll down to read the lessons, this is probably the course that you can complete the fastest. Boring, yes, possibly. But if you’re in a hurry, you’ll get to complete this without any worry.
I very highly recommend you only stick with the top 3 traffic schools I recommend. Why? Because there are nearly 700 traffic schools certified in Long Beach and the majority of them are complete crap. Go ahead and research them all if you want, or just choose from one of the above schools and you’ll be done in an hour.
Good luck and don’t forget to come back to let us know about how it went!